Andy had to put up with my long class days so he explored Ariccia alone some days. But we took many afternoon trips into Rome. We took a bike tour around the city, saw a Roma soccer game, visited the Vatican City, and explored neighborhoods in Rome. I am so thankful he came in town, and I wasn't ready for him to leave at the end of the week.
Here's a few pictures of our week...
This week we left the classroom completely, and went to Florence. I loved this city. It was smaller than and cleaner (if I'm being honest) than Rome. The food was amazing. And so was the leather market. If I lived there this semester, I would be broke. I also saw Michael Angelo's "David" statue and the "Birth of Venus" painting. All very exciting!
On Thursday afternoon, I left with a few friends for Cinque Terre. This place is amazing. It has been warm and lovely. We have spent the past two days hiking from each town. The hikes have been treacherous at times because of the many stairs leading up and down the hillsides. But once I pause and look around I cannot help but admire the beauty. I have been in awe of God's creation. There have been many "wow" moments over and over again.
Here are some snapshots...
On Thursday afternoon, I left with a few friends for Cinque Terre. This place is amazing. It has been warm and lovely. We have spent the past two days hiking from each town. The hikes have been treacherous at times because of the many stairs leading up and down the hillsides. But once I pause and look around I cannot help but admire the beauty. I have been in awe of God's creation. There have been many "wow" moments over and over again.
Here are some snapshots...
Unfortunately, we leave our cute beach town tomorrow and head back to school. I only have a few weeks left in Italy, which means our classes and homework are picking up.
I am trying to soak up these last few weeks in Italy. This has been an experience of a lifetime but I'm not finished yet! Next weekend I travel to Madrid to see a dear friend, the following weekend I will be in Positano and Capri, and then I will finally be retiring to the US.




No comments:
Post a Comment