Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Catching Up {Summer 2014}

I have been absent from the blog world recently because I am working at Camp Hopetown this summer. This camp is different from all the others in so many ways. We have about 40 campers at a time and most of the kids attend Daystar, the counseling ministry that runs the camp. Plus we live in a lake house instead of air-condition-less cabins in the woods. 

Our last session is coming up, and I am so sad that this summer is coming to a close. Two weeks ago, we had our 2nd-4th graders. It ended up being my most favorite camp of all time. I've probably been to about 35 different summer sessions at Camp Hopetown-- thanks to my 7 years of attending camp and 3 years of being an intern. After all those years, certain camps run together but this one will always stand out in my mind. I learned so much about how young children grieve and play. 

I wanted to share a blog post about this camp from the Raising Boys and Girls blog. It gives a good picture of what the kids learned (and what I learned).  If you are curious, go ahead and have a look! 


This is a great blog, especially if you are raising children. Even if you are not, (obviously, like me) it is still provides a great perspective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment